Wednesday 29 November 2017

Risk assessment

Risk
Level  (1-5)
Solution
Actors unavailable
3
This would be frustrating but a risk that must be taken into consideration as it could easily occur. People are often not available on the same day as each individual has their own commitments. If this were to happen I would find another group of actors as I know of other actors who would fit into the correct specifications for my target audience, or I would wait for a day until everyone was available.
Location permission
4
This would be difficult if I was unable to get permission for the locations I wanted to film at because it would not be as effective without the right setting for the genre. If this were to be the case I would enquire further about permission and if it was still unavailable I would try to set up the correct background for the video in someone's house or around school where I would be granted permission.
Weather conditions
2
I do not feel like this would impact my film greatly because the majority of the scenes are going to be inside and those that are outside do not need a particular weather condition. As it is a crime thriller, if it were raining it would only add to the foreboding atmosphere and pathetic fallacy. The only issue that could arise is equipment getting wet but this would be manageable as I would shoot a scene at a time and ensure the camera was as covered as possible.
Battery/storage issues
3
This would be an issue if the actors were rarely available at the same time because I would have to re-film if the battery died or go home and upload all my content to my laptop if my storage filled up. However before I start filming I am going to ensure that I have full battery on my equipment and go out with an empty SD card so that I have plenty of room available.
Editing programme problems
2
I think that this will be dependent on how far into editing you are but it shouldn't be too much of an issue for me as I intend to be saving my short film after each step so that it will be saved already even if it does crash. If the programme broke completely with the majority of the short film on it then this would be much more of an issue. If this was the case I would also have to download another editing software, again this would not be too much hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 4