Wednesday 29 November 2017

Equipment

When creating a short film it is important to use the correct equipment for the camera movements you are looking to use. The equipment is significant as you want to capture the action just right in order to keep your target audience engaged. Below is the equipment I decided to use in the production of my short film.

Nikon D3100
This is the Nikon D3100 and I am using this because it is lightweight and films in high definition. Considering this is the second short film I have ever produced, the first being the AS production on this course, it is a compelling choice for both inexperienced and experienced camera users. It is easy to use and has good lowlight capabilities which is a particularly significant quality as I plan to do parts of my short film at night time. Overall this camera has high quality performance therefore I shall be using it to film parts of my production.










iPhone SE




This is the iPhone SE- my current phone. I have decided to use this aswell as the camera because I plan for the majority of my short film to be from a POV perspective and having two hand-held cameras should provide me with the effects I am looking for. Here are the specs for it's video recording abilities:

  • 4K video recording at 30 fps
  • 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps
  • 720p HD video recording at 30 fps
  • 3x digital zoom
  • True Tone flash
  • Cinematic video stabilisation (1080p and 720p)
  • Continuous autofocus video
  • Face detection
  • Noise reduction
  • Slo‑mo video support for 1080p at 120 fps and 720p at 240 fps
  • Time‑lapse video with stabilisation
  • Take 8-megapixel still photos while recording 4K video
  • Playback zoom
  • Video geotagging

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 4