Wednesday 29 November 2017

Location

Location ideas

In the search for my location it was important that I found somewhere abandoned or at least somewhere that looked derelict to go with the atmosphere I wanted to create within my short film.
My initial idea was Atherfield Holiday Park as I had researched abandoned places on the Isle of Wight, or those out of business. After looking at photographs online I decided it would be better to go and have at look at the site in person to get a feel as to whether it would be good enough for the short film itself, and ensure it was the correct atmosphere. Upon arrival I soon discovered that what was left of this old holiday park was not viable to use because the council have begun to knock it down ready for something new to be built, therefore it would be too dangerous to film there and there would not be enough space to make the short film setting effective.

Image result for atherfield holiday camp isle of wight
The next location I decided to investigate was Brighstone Holiday Park as, when I had researched online, it had been said that it was no longer in use. It looked like another good option as Atherfield had but upon arrival I soon realised that the site had been taken over by new management and it had been refurbished therefore the buildings were not fitting for my criteria.
Image result for brighstone holiday centre abandoned
The final location on my list was Puckpool Park a, despite it being a popular place for visitors I discovered that there was access to old war barracks that were no longer in use. After discovering this I got in contact with the management who provided me with the keys and permission to access the other unused parts or Puckpool. When I looked around I decided it was perfect for the setting I wanted and that it would create the correct atmosphere within my short film.

Image result for puckpool park iow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 4