Saturday 7 April 2018

Magazine Review Page Research and Planning


Magazine Review Page Questionnaire
         Image result for magazine film review page exampleImage result for magazine review page exampleRelated image



1. Which of these magazine review pages do you think is most engaging?
- "Tyrannosaur”
- ”Avatar”
- “The Devil in Disguises”
2. Is it important for a film poster and film magazine review page to be consistent?
- Yes
- No
3. Which should take up more room on the page?
- Pictures
- Text
4. Are cast interviews engaging?
- Yes
- No
5. Should all of the cast be featured on this page?

- Yes

- No


I decided to opt for a questionnaire when it came to researching what my target audience wanted on my magazine review page as I found this to be a very useful method of research for my previous ancillary task. This was useful because I handed out this questionnaire to 20 people who fit into the category of my target audience and their input was useful upon the creation of my magazine review page. After gathering the questionnaires back in I looked at the results to determine what would feature in my magazines. The results were anonymous as I did not want to sway towards a more masculine/feminine design.


Question 1 results:

  • "Tyrannosaur"- 3 votes
  • "Avatar"- 11 votes
  • "The Devil in Disguises"- 6 votes


Question 2 results:

  • Yes- 16 votes
  • No- 4 votes


Question 3 results:


  • Pictures- 12 votes
  • Text- 8 votes


Question 4 results:


  • Yes- 14 votes 
  • No- 6 votes


Question 5 results:


  • Yes- 18 votes
  • No- 2 votes 


Using this information it was clear that there was a majority vote each time so I decided that I would incorporate these ideas into the production of this ancillary task. It is important to use this research carefully because it is an accurate reflection of what my target audience want to see in a magazine review page. Not using these results would mean I was not listening to my target audience and I would likely create something that was not effective in engaging the audience.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 4