Sunday 28 January 2018

Institution

Whilst creating a short film it is also important to consider where you are going to be advertising your film and who is going to be distributing it once you have a final product. After some thorough research I have discovered some institutions that are perfect for distributing my short film. One example would be ‘New Line Cinema’ and it is popular in terms of the thriller genre itself. This company have released films such as ‘The Butterfly Effect’ and ‘Se7en’. The only issue with this distributor is that it is typically used for high budget/mainstream films and my short film is independent with a small budget. Another idea would be ‘Haxan Films’ which is a horror film distributor who have released films like ‘Blair Witch Project’, however it is slightly the wrong genre for my short film. A more ideal distributor for my short film would be ‘Warp Films’ which is a small British targeted institution. This would be much more realistic as it doesn’t distribute high budget films and it targets British audiences. Due to the fact my crime thriller features British actors and only has a low budget I think that Warp Films would potentially be the best option. They have released films such as ‘Dead Man’s Shoes’ which follows one character through a personal state which is similar to mine in the sense that my film is mainly filming the personal state of each of the four characters. Despite other distributors having more successful films, it is important to think about which would be more realistic and Warp Films targets a British audience and films with low budgets therefore is ideal for the release of my short film.
Image result for warp films logo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 4