Sunday 28 January 2018

Editing programme- updated post

Image result for premiere pro logo
For my editing I am going to be using a software called Adobe Premiere Pro which I have not used before but I have researched into this and have decided it will work best for the short film I am creating. In terms of learning how to use all of the features of the programme, there are many youtube tutorials that are informative on these topics. Looking closer at the features available on Premiere Pro I particularly want to use the responsive design aspect as I think it will be of use to the scenes I am editing. For example this will give me the power to preserve the integrity of keyframes in motion graphics such as intro and outro animations when making changes to the overall duration. I intend to experiment with the intro and outro because I want to create my short film with a motif as I find this most engaging for my target audience of this genre. I also like the fact that on Premiere Pro you can work on multiple projects simultaneously as it allows me to try different techniques during the production of my short film than change one scene multiple times. Adobe Premiere Pro also has immersive transitions which means that whilst I am adding transitions and effects to my clips, it will not create unwanted distortions. The programme has been enhanced for beginners to gain experience as there is a six-step tour available when you first open the app.


2015 Final Cut Pro Logo.pngUnfortunately during the editing process, Adobe Premiere Pro crashed and it meant that I lost some of my footage due to this problem. Luckily I was able to download another programme called Final Cut Pro before it was too late. This was the editing software that I used to create my final product on. The loss of some of my corrupted clips meant that I had to compromise in terms of how I put the short film together as this happened too late in the editing process to go and film some new clips. Working around this was a learning curve but I feel I was able to do so and still have an effective storyline shown throughout. Final Cut Pro provides non-linear, non-destructive editing of any Quicktime-compatible video format. It comes with a range of video transitions and a range of video and audio filters such as keying tools, mattes and vocal de-poppers and de-essers. It also has multiple colour correction tools including colour wheels, sliders and curves, videoscope and a selection of generators. The viewer has tabs for each channel of the selected clip's audio, in which the waveform for the audio can be viewed and scrubbed, and where its volume can be keyframed. The effects for the clip appear in the filters tab which is also where the parameters of the clip can be adjusted and keyframed. Clips can be edited together in timelines called sequences. Sequences can be nested inside other sequences so that a filter or transition can be applied to the grouped clips. The timeline on Final Cut Pro allows 99 videos to be layered on top of each other which is useful when building up different layers of sound throughout the short film. The size of a video clip can be altered, and the clips can be cropped, among many other settings that can be changed. This programme has saved my short film project as it was easy to pick up and learn how to use and it auto-saved each stage of the editing process therefore I did not have to worry about the programme crashing and having to restart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 4