Wednesday 15 November 2017

Secondary research

As secondary research I decided to look online about what it is about thrillers that people love so much. I believe this is fitting to my short film research because it will mean that I am looking for what it is exactly that people enjoy and try to fit this into my short film. During my research I came across various reasons as to why people believed mysteries are so engaging for an audience.
Here are some of the ideas:

  • Some would say that it is because mysteries are a safe thrill (like a roller coaster) and you can see the dark side of people, knowing that generally justice prevails- not in all cases.
  • Another response was about how the audience relate to characters as it means they can become part of the solution in the action. The audience are generally on the side of the protagonist meaning they are on the winning team.
  • For some people it is just the puzzle solving and the piecing together of the story that they enjoy the most.
  • Studies show that mysteries can help us cope with the psychological and emotional concept of death and our own mortality. Death is inevitable and we are never prepared for it whereas in a mystery death makes sense and it becomes rational in our minds.
This research has been useful because I will be able to remember exactly what it is that my target audience relate to and why it is that they enjoy my particular genre of short film. This will keep my ideas consistent.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 4