Wednesday 29 November 2017

Props

This is an empty bottle of alcohol that will be filled up with energy drink in order for the actors to look as though they are consuming alcohol within the short film. I wanted to use an actual bottle to make it look more realistic in the film and easier for the actors to cooperate with the "drunken" acting, as working with the correct props can often give off a placebo effect.

This is the energy drink that is being used to put inside the alcohol bottle. When evaluating what I should use I decided it was between energy drink and apple juice and after testing them both on camera, I decided this worked better.
There is music featuring in my short film when the teenagers are having their own "party" and in order to make the atmosphere like a typical teenage get-together I figured a portable speaker would provide the best effect. This also means that I can play music without having to add it in post-production. I will evaluate how effective the music is once I have filmed the action I need, before I decide whether or not it works better having it edited in.



During one of the scenes, a character wakes up with "blood" on their hands and for this I decided that tomato ketchup gave the best effect of this. I experimented with food colouring but the consistency did not look right on camera so I chose this as a substitute.
Throughout the video the actors are seen consuming alcohol and they bring it with them on the journey. I decided that using a hip flask was useful because it was not transparent therefore I could fill it with water and the actors could cooperate and make it look as if it had the same effect on them as alcohol would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 4