Thursday 5 April 2018

Film Poster Final Product



This is the final product of my thriller film poster. I am pleased with the way it came out because I think it cleverly disguises what the film is about without giving away any vital parts of the plot. The colours yellow and red stand out particularly well on the black and white background. I used these colours because red connotes danger and blood whilst yellow is a colour of caution. Throughout my research I discovered that my target audience found a film poster most effective when it is simplistic as it means that the page is not too busy and they are only supplied with clues to the action. The fact that one of the main actors has been made completely red rather than leaving the original colours in the picture, would imply that this character is particularly significant and something with dangerous connotations could happen to him. The inspiration for these colours began in my target audience research as when asked in a questionnaire, my target audience responded how they found bright colours most eye-catching and memorable. One of the examples of thriller film posters I used was 'Pulp Fiction' which is iconic for having red and yellow on the poster as colours that stand out. The grip of the steering wheel connotes control which is ironic because the short film leads to the teenagers becoming 'out of control'. The tag line of 'Do you have an alibi?' is a simple phrase yet it has various implications to the plot of the short film. The term 'alibi' is most commonly linked to crime and the police and such jargon would indicate that the action of the short film involves a crime taking place in which alibis must be provided in order to prove they are not to blame. From such a short tagline, many different interpretations can be made that undoubtedly leave the audience intrigued and likely wanting to watch the short film. Overall, I think that this film poster has a professional touch and I am happy with how it looks as I believe it is effective in advertising my short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 4